In order to establish the ranking of teams, the following criteria should be implemented.
1) By the number of victories (match won, match lost) among teams of the same pool or group.
2) In case of equality in the number of victories the tiebreaker will be by the points gained by each team per match as follows
- Match won 3-0; 3-1 3 points
- Match won 3-2 2 points
- Match lost 2-3 1 point
- Match lost 0-3; 1-3 0 points
- Match forfeited 0 points (25-0, 25-0, 25-0)
3) Set Quotient – In the case of equality in the number of points gained by two or several teams, they will be classified in descending order by the set quotient resulting from the division of the number of all sets won by the number of all sets lost
4) Points quotient – If the tie persists as per the set quotient, the teams will be classified in descending order by the points quotient resulting from the division of all points scored by the total of points lost during all sets.
5) If the tie continues as per the point quotient between two teams, the priority will be given to the team which won the last match between them.
When the tie in point quotient is between three or more teams a new classification of these teams will be made taking into consideration only the matches in which they opposed to each other.